Golden Anniversary Celebration - 50 Years Together

This week my parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.  It is such a huge milestone!!!  It feels like it wasn't that long ago that we celebrated their 25th.  Wow... that means I'm getting old...  Lol.


We had a family celebration at a local restaurant.  My parents knew we were getting together for a meal, but had no idea we were doing anything special for their day.  Here are a few pictures of the celebration.  These pictures don't do justice to how pretty it was, but they give you the general idea.

Notice in the above wedding picture (on the right) how tiny the brides waist is.  My mom had an 18" waist when she got married.  I don't think I've ever even had an 18" thigh... lol.  Heredity wasn't that kind to me!  Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for what God has given me, but seriously a smaller waist would have been nice... (hehe).






The picture below is my parents coming in.  My mom immediately got tears, happy tears of course.  I was hoping she would :)

I made table runner from ribbon and tulle and put it down the center of the table with battery operated candles for a little ambiance...  I found several photos of my parents from the past 50 years, put them in acrylic frames and placed them throughout the center of the table. I added some purple and gold curly ribbons for a little sparkle and made a two tier anniversary cake from scratch... and placed on it a pretty purple cake plate that I recently found.  I found the golden number 50 for the top at Michaels Craft Store.  We put fresh flowers in mason jars and scattered flowers down the runner.  Purple is my mom's favorite color so I went with a purple and gold theme.  I was happy with how it all looked.  The photo memories were definitely a hit with everyone!


 This next picture is my parents with my daughters and me.

This is my brother, his wife and step son.









Mom sprung a few more tears when they opened their wedding gift.  She is trying to hide them at this point.



After cutting the cake they even fed it to each other.  It was very sweet.  Of course they didn't shove cake in each others faces... (although a few of us suggested they should, hehe)  

Happy 50th Anniversary Mom & Dad...
We love you!!!



4 comments:

  1. How sweet! My parents just celebrated their 50th anniversary in 2010, and we all (11 of us) went on a Disney Cruise and to Disney -- a once in a lifetime trip! Congrats to your parents, and thanks for sharing their story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! I love cruising :) Thank you for you comments Sally...
      Blessings,
      Diana

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Mom and Dad for 50 wonderful years of marriage. That's awesome! Looks like a lovely celebration. I am your newest follower. Do pop in to say hi. A hint - turn off the word verfication. Most bloggers hate to comment when it's on. It's ion Settings, then comments. Scroll down to see comments. click it off. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the tip Linda! I just turned work verification off :) Blessings, Diana

      Delete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana