Flea Market Finds

Here are the items I found this past weekend at the flea market.  All nine items cost a total of $27.  I have planned uses for all of them as I mentioned in my prior posting. A few of them need to be cleaned up and/or painted before I display them in our home... When I am done with them they will all be spectacular.  However, the wire basket I am using exactly as found (minus the little bit of dust).
 
My husband, Jim, really didn't understand why in the world I wanted an old wire basket.  All he saw was a piece of junk.  Myself, for five dollars I thought it was a steal. I know sitting by itself the basket doesn't look like much.  But, as soon as I made eye contact with it I immediately thought of many potential uses for it, and I pretty much had to have it. When the guy selling it told me $5 I got totally excited. My husband just looked at me like I was either weird or crazy. Luckily he is getting used to it. He said he has learned to just trust me, because I always manage to surprise him with whatever I end up doing with all of my/our finds...

I first thought of putting the wire basket above my kitchen cabinets where I have vintage and antique items displayed.  I also thought I might mount it to the wall in my pantry or my laundry room and use it like a shelf to display small items. The potential uses were unlimited.  However, once I got it home, I immediately thought of using it on my coffee table to store magazines and books.  As soon as I put a couple of magazines inside and saw how well they fit, that was the winner. I put a fabric placemat that matches our decor underneath it to provide contrast against the dark table. I love how the basket looks in the room and I love the character and charm the piece adds!

I just hope that when my husband gets home tonight, he likes it too! Not that he has a choice (hehe)... I get to do all of the decorating. He loves me so much he will let me use it either way... I am so lucky!

When decorating your home, try to think outside of the box as to uses for unexpected items you may find.  I love thrift stores, garage sales and flea markets as you never know what you might find.  If you haven't gone to any lately, try going to one. You might be surprised how many cool things are actually there. Just be willing to look through a little junk to find your treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana