Patriotic Wreath Ideas

Independence Day is less than a month away so it's time to get Patriotic. I love red, white and blue decor and I'm loving this super cute book page wreath from Meegan Makes

Be sure to visit Meegan's blog to see how she made it.


Using old books adds such great character... and you can find books on just about any subject at thrift stores for just a buck or two.


This next DIY cutie is from Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage. She gives us a great tutorial on how to make it.  She is one of my favorite DIY'rs.  She has an amazing knack for DIY decorating and everything she does is beautiful!


I made this birdhouse wreath with denim flowers a couple of years ago. If you'd like to see how I made it visit the blog post HERE

I love how it turned out looks wise... BUT...


I will let you all know that this wreath although very cute was basically an epic FAIL!!! Since I had used a pool noodle as the "wreath ring" it was not nearly strong enough to hold my heavy wooden birdhouse. Over time (about a week) the weight of the birdhouse distorted the shape of the wreath from a circle to a tall skinny deformed oval (ooops!) Lesson learned ;)

I'm feeling inspired to make a new patriotic wreath this year. I'm not sure exactly what it will be, but this time it will be built to last. I'll be sure to share it with you when it's done.

Hope you are all doing well!

Until next time,
Happy decorating!

Diana 

4 comments:

  1. All of these are super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feature Diana! I REALLY appreciate it.
    You are so talented. I bet you turned your wreath into something extra special. :)
    Thanks again, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meegan, My wreath unfortunately I am not happy with. I started a deco mesh wreath and about half way through I just wasn't loving it... So sadly, I did not finish it. I think it is one of the first projects that I have ever started and then undone. But that is okay, Once in awhile we have to accept making mistakes and then just moving on :) Blessings my friend! DIana

      Delete
  3. Love these ideas! Can't wait to try some out when I get my house!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana