Thanksgiving Game for Family & Friends

With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, this morning I was thinking of all that I am thankful for. We are so blessed and we take so much of what we have for granted. Remember this Thanksgiving to think of all the blessings you have, even the little one's.

On Thanksgiving, I like to have a time of sharing what everyone is thankful for. I make a game with it and it always turns out to be so much fun. The kids especially love it and are so creative. On a piece of paper you write the alphabet all the way down the left side of each persons paper (lined paper works best)... Or you can print (via your computer) the alphabet on paper ahead of time. Everyone has their own sheet of paper and each person has to come up with at least one word for each letter that describes what they are thankful for. I have everyone start their list early in the day, so they have plenty of time to think about it... and then at the dinner table (makes great table conversation), we go around and share every letter and what each person came up with.

Example:

A - Ability (to do things that others can't); A child might say something like "apples"
B - Britney (my daughter), My young neice once said "bed" (having a bed is
       something most of us take for granted) a child thinks about the little things...
C - Country (living in the USA), Car (allow us to go where we want easily)
D - Daddy
E - Electricity, I love candlelight, even more the ability to flip a switch to turn things on!
F - Faith, Family, Friends
G - God
H - Health, Happiness
I - Imagination
J - Jim (my amazing husband)
K - Kids
L - Love, Laughter
M - Mommy, Massages

(etc....) you get the idea.... Try it. You'll be surprised how much fun it is... And everyone enjoys hearing what each person is thankful for...  What are you thankful for this year?

Wishing you and yours a very blessed Thanksgiving Holiday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana