Flea Market, Thrift Store & HomeGoods Finds

We purchased a new home last year... and like many newly built homes we have a couple of empty niches around the house that I have been working to fill. Built In's are way too expensive, so I have been coming up with creative ways to fill these spaces.  We were very blessed to find a home with a good size walk in pantry. I admit that I love having all the extra space!  Recently I found this great plate rack shelf, believe it or not,  I found it at Homegoods and it was on clearance (woo hoo... I love a good sale). I bought it on the spot, guessing it would fit... and lucky me, it fits perfect.  It makes for a great display area in my pantry niche. The pantry walls could definitely use some color on them, but paint will come in time. I have too many other projects that take priority. 

The antique linens on the shelf were all given to me by my mother who has collected them over the years from thrift stores. I think she has hundreds of them, so she gave me a few (love you mom!!!). The silver goblets on the top shelf were my late grandmothers. They are special to me. The random white and ivory plates are hand me downs and inexpensive thrift finds. I like to mix and match whites in my place settings.


Even with all my busyness I manage to find time for thrifting and an occasional trip to our local flea market. It's hard to believe that when I was a child I pretty much hated my mom dragging me along into every thrift store and antique or collectible store she could find. Little did I know, that I would become obsessed with the same passion. A few weeks ago I found three copper tea kettles at the flea market for only $5 for all three. I have spaced them out above my kitchen cabinets. I love vintage kitchen stuff! Also on top of the cabinets is an old coffee grinder with copper parts that I recently picked up for $8. The cake and flour tins are reproductions, made to look old, also found at HomeGoods.


Aqua is one of my favorite colors. I have pops of it throughout our house. These aqua pitchers are both recent finds of mine. The large pitcher I found at an antique store. I have no idea how old it is, but it is definitely vintage and it was only $8, so it was a great deal. The small pitcher was $4.99 at HomeGoods. I find that HomeGoods, Marshalls and TJ Maxx are great places to find inexpensive home accessories.

To decorate above the cabinets I just randomly spaced different items that I love across the top until I liked the way it looked. Someday I hope to have crown molding around the kitchen and a contrasting paint. I have lots of ideas... My hubby and I are working on each of them one at a time.

Until next time...
Happy decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana