Easy DIY Holiday & Christmas Treats

I've been looking for picture ideas and inspiration to make easy DIY Christmas sweets and treats... Here are some of the best I came across.  Many of these treats make wonderful gifts... and bonus... they are budget friendly too.

This first one needs no explanation... Candycanes dipped in dark chocolate, white chocolate drizzle. Peppermint and chocolate... So Yummy!!!

Melting chocolates can be purchased at most craft stores (Michael's and Joann's Superstore have them in the cake decorating section) and also most baking supply stores have them. I've also seen them at Walmart. Melting chocolates come with melting instructions on each package. Most can be easily melted in the microwave. I like using an electric hot plate under several coffee mugs. It is a great way to have different colors and flavors of chocolate all melted and ready for use at the same time... A hot plate or warming plate underneath is also a great way to keep them melted for as long as I am using them. If you are making a lot of treats (like some for everyone you know), you might use a small crock pot. Note: chocolate will re-harden when it cools.
The technique used on these chocolate dipped pretzel sticks is easy to do. Dip the pretzels into your melting chocolate, then place flat on a sheet of wax paper. Apply sprinkles to the top immediately after dipping the sticks, that way the sprinkles will stick easily. The swirls and stripes across the top, I prefer to do with a spoon... Your chocolate must be well melted (a little runny), put a little on the spoon, then just hover the spoon back and forth above the candy and allow the chocolate to drizzle down onto the pretzels until you achieve the desired effect. This same technique is used for decorating many chocolate candies and Chocolate covered strawberries too... When covering strawberries, rasberries, cherries and any fruit, keep in mind that fruits dipped in chocolate should be eaten within a few days of covering. I keep mine refrigerated as I like serving them chilled. Chocolate covered candies are enjoyable all year round, just change up the sprinkle colors and designs depending on your holiday or celebration. (St. Patricks use green clovers, Valentines Day add heart sprinkles, Easter used pastels)... You get the idea ;)





Chocolate covered strawberries...
Chocolate dipped shortbread cookies...
  
Chocolate dipped marshmallows with peppermint sprinkles... Apply sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet... (source: Rose Bakes)
If you chill the marshmallows in the refrigerator before dipping, they won't melt when you put them into the warm melted chocolate :) Then you can refrigerate them to harden the chocolate quickly.
Chocolate covered Marshmallow Reindeer.. marshmallows are dipped in milk chocolate, the pretzel antlers are dipped in dark chocolate, candy eyes, m-n-m nose (red nose for Rudolf). You can use a little melted chocolate as your glue to put the items together. Sucker sticks can be found at your local craft store in the cake/candy decor section.
Other cute Christmas holiday treats... include Christmas tree pops, peppermint bark, chocolate cookies dipped in white chocolate with crumbled peppermint sprinkles and Rudolf the red nose reindeer cookies...


Most of these pictures were found on Tumblr and I don't know their original sources.  If you baked any of these, I'd love to hear from you and give you credit on my blog.

Blessings!

15 comments:

  1. fabulous post! just joined you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the ideas but I see myself maybe doing the marshmallows, pretzels and candy canes. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I was looking for a fun idea for our Christmas party, Im sooooo doing the candy cane thing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this list. I'll be busy around the holidays making some of these. Especially the reindear marshmallow treats for my grandaghter's classroom....@

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait for Christmas. I will be using most of these recipes. Cant wait. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ideas for Christmas goodies. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to make the reindeer marshmallow treats a few days before Christmas this year, but may I ask, what do you use as the eyes? Someone please relpy soon.....thanks! Wonderful ideas! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually saw them the other day at target in the Halloween section where u can get all the cupcake kits and stuff

      Delete
    2. Where I live we have a large cake decorating and baking supply store. However, most stores that have a candy/cake decorating aisle have them too. Target, Walmart and Michael's Craft store all have a cake and candy decor section. Hopefully that helps :) Blessings, Diana

      Delete
  8. Do you have a Facebook page....so I can follow your postings there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the web address to my FB page -

      www.facebook.com/pages/AnyoneCanDecorateblogspotcom/140591736052676

      Delete
  9. for the marshmallow reindeer eyes you say "candy", what kind of candy did you use? I'd love to try to make these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sell candy eyes at any craft or store that has candy making supplies. I got some recently at Joann's Superstore... Michael's and Walmart have them too.

      Delete
  10. can you use almond/chocolate bark instead of melting chocolates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana