Dining Table Project - Before Pics

Here is the dining table we found this weekend on Craigslist. The first two pictures are from the actual Craigslist posting. The table and chairs do have several chips and some surface damage, but being that it is made from solid wood, when we are done refinishing the set it will be like new again.  The seller had it out at a garage sale last week and it did not sell (lucky for us). Apparently it was meant to be ours...


I originally scoured the internet for inspirational dining room pictures and I am always drawn to the French Country style sets, so this set was perfect for us... and at $200 the price was right. Below are a few pictures of it close up, in our garage shop. These are all before pictures. It will take a couple of weeks to completely redo it. We plan to have it done in time for Thanksgiving.






Yesterday we (my hubby and I) went to Joann's Fabrics and looked for what we might use to upholster the chairs. We came home with several samples and I'm still trying to figure out which way I want to go. Since the home decor fabrics are on sale right now for 50% off, my timing is perfect. Below are a few of the fabrics I am looking at. I think i will put a solid on the rear of the chair so you will see the ladder detail of the chair and then a print on the front and seat. I love the color aqua so these are my favorites right now.  I need to decide which way to go by this weekend, because the fabric store has a coupon this weekend for an additional 25% off my entire purchase... Yeah, I love saving money!




As for the table and chair finish... I am thinking of refinishing the table in a darker brown stain and the chairs painted in an antique white. I might give the chairs a shabby cottage chic look, but I'm not sure yet. I know I don't want a matchy matchy look to the set. I love the look of contrasting colors. Depending on the fabric we decide to go with, will help decide how to proceed on the chair finish.

Tomorrow Jim will start sanding down the table and we will go to look at stain choices.  I will keep you all updated as we go forward. This project is going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana