Thanksgiving Family Fun - Alphabet Game

For Thanksgiving, I like to have a time where everyone shares what they are thankful for.  I make a game with it and it always turns out to be so memorable and allot of fun. The kids especially love it and sometimes they get very creative. 

On a piece of paper you write the alphabet down the side or you can use my printable for your use (PDF Printable Here). Everyone has their own sheet and each person has to come up with at least one word for each letter of the alphabet that describes what they are thankful for.  I pass out the papers early in the day, so everyone has plenty of time to think about it.  Later, at meal time we go around the table with each letter of the alphabet and say what we are thankful for.  It makes for great memories and fun table conversation!



Here is an example of what a list might look like:

A - Ability (to do things that others can't); A child might say something like "apples"
B - Britney (my youngest daughter), My young neice once said "bed" (having a bed is
       something most of us take for granted) a child often remembers the little things...
C - Country (living in the USA), Car (allows us to go where we want easily)
D - Daddy
E - Electricity
(I love candlelight, but even more the ability to flip a switch to turn things on!)
F - Faith, Family, Friends
G - God

H - Health, Happiness
I - Imagination
J - Jim (my amazing husband)
K - Kids
L - Love, Laughter
M - Mommy, Massages
(etc....) you get the idea.... 

I encourage you to try it. You'll be surprised how much fun it is and how much everyone gets into it!  It is such a joy and a blessing hearing what each person is thankful for. 

What are you thankful for this year?

Blessings,

Diana



Sharing this post at:

1 comment:

  1. Great idea!! My 3 grands should have fun with this. It will be fun to see what they come up with! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana