Hot Chocolate with a Candy Cane Twist


I enjoy a big mug of hot chocolate whenever the weather is cold.  Around the holidays, I like to add a peppermint candy cane to it as a stir stick...  Along with a handful of mini marshmallows, it adds the most wonderful refreshing touch of mint flavor to this delicious hot and creamy chocolate drink!  I made this last night and it was so yummy!!!
I like to keep a mason jar filled with candy canes in the kitchen during the Christmas season.  They make a pretty decoration and are convenient to have close by.  They are good when used in both hot chocolate and tea. 


When you stir the cocoa with the peppermint stick in the hot cocoa the mint flavor infuses itself into the drink.  The more you stir, the more the mint will melt, which strengthens the mint flavor.  I like just a touch of mint, so I stir for about 25 seconds and then I remove the candy-cane.  It creates the perfect mint and chocolate blend for my taste.

If you like mint chocolate, even a little bit, then you will love this delectable treat.  


If you haven't tried peppermint in your hot chocolate, I highly recommend giving it a try!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana