Glamping - Putting A Bit of Glamour in Camping

The weather here in Southern California is amazing this week.  It is time to get out and enjoy the outdoors!  I am thinking of planning another camping trip :)  I do enjoy camping, but I like to make it a bit of a Glamping trip.  


The point of glamping is adding a bit of glamour to your campsite.  Glamour + Camping = Glamping!  Yes, those of us that like to decorate, tend to decorate everywhere we go!  Note: glamping usually includes restrooms with flushing toilets somewhere close by (this is my one major requirement... lol).  

(via: TinyHouseBlog)

The above picture shows a tent mounted to a deck foundation with heavy logs for the frame.  It is likely a permanent structure.  This would be cool if you lived on a large piece of property and could do this out in your own wilderness!


I love pitching our own tent somewhere between the trees and nature and then adding decorative accessories to make it feel homey and then add a throw rug for the floor.  This next picture, is a stunning example!  

(via: ErinsFabBlog)


I love this!!!  Fabric over a portable gazebo frame.  A romantic table setting... and plenty of candles and lanterns!

 (via: We Heart It)

(via: Sentimental Stones)

There are actually some Glamping campgrounds that are like 4 star resorts.  They have permanent pitched tents that are already fully decorated and most have bathrooms.  I've seen glamping places that use yurts and even log cabins too.  However, if it's a log cabin, I think it is pretty hard to call it camping!  Some of these places completely take the work out of camping.  Personally, I like a little work when camping... Like watching my husband pitch the tent and watching him blow up the air mattresses (hehe)... and then I get to go to town on the decorating part :)  


While I was blogging this post,  I took a little break and got spontaneous.  I actually went onto Recreation.gov and booked our favorite campground (Dogwood) for our anniversary in June (without even asking my hubby if he was okay with it...)  I think he will be!  The campground we love is located in our local mountains, near Lake Arrowhead, here in California.  It is also close to one of our favorite restaurants, The Grill at Antlers Inn.  


This camping trip I will be going for a romantic glamping trip.  No premade tents here...  We will do all of the work to make it our special one of a kind site!  We will also be doing some of our own cooking at our campsite, but we will definitely go out for a nice dinner for our anniversary and probably do breakfast on the lake at Belgian Waffle Works.  Yum!

This map shows where we will be camping/Glamping in June :)  I'm soooo excited to start planning!!!




 The Grille At Antlers Inn, Twin Peaks, CA
Okay, I got totally sidetracked!  Now, back to GLAMPING... If you don't want to do all of the work setting up your own campsite, there are many glamping campgrounds around the U.S. and throughout the world.  


These next two pics are from El Capitan Canyon near Santa Barbara California.  They have tents and cabins depending on your preference... and even have a health spa (Canyon Spa) on site where you can get a massage or other treatment.


(via: ElCapitanCanyon.com)



For those that like to go a little bit country, check this next picture out.  It is at a place called the Resort at Paws Up, in Montana. You can check out their very cool resort: HERE






Below are some pictures of glamping in other parts of the world.



Glamping in Britian (via: RoughGuides.com)



  Glamping in Australia (via: Travelettes.com)

If you are interested in glamping, you can do a search on the internet for "Glamping + location" you can find a ton of information for locations near you that offer glamping.  Everything is already set up for you at these places.  


A few informative sites that I found are listed below:

GlampingGirl.com  - This site lists 33 glamping sites that are in the US and over 20 other countries that have glamping sites

GlampingHub.com - Information for glamping in the US, Canada, Europe and a few other countries...

If you are like me, you don't mind a little work and you love to decorate, then you can Glamp pretty much anywhere you can pitch a tent... even in your own backyard! 


Another thought, indoor tents can be fun too :)

(via: SomethingsHidingInThere)

Update: For those of you that have asked:  YES,  I did get my "Glamping Trip On" after this first post... We (my hubby and I) went in July and you can see our trip in this post:  A Glamping We Will Go

11 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have heard of glamping. I am not a camper but I could totally get into this. I found you on the bramble berry cottage link party. Thanks for a new look on camping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, if camping were more like this I think many more women would be open to it :) Happy you enjoyed it!
      Blessings,
      Diana

      Delete
  2. Now that seems like my type of camping LOL!!!stopping by from the Friday Shout out link party

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love glamping. Our tent has a light switch. We have a queen size tall air mattress. Husband sets up a canopy with a running water sink and all the kitchen supplies. We decorate everything with stringing lights, etc. And of course, bathrooms are a necessity. One of the best parts of glamping, my husband takes over all the cooking! Yay! Loved all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Never heard of glamping. But I think I could love this way of camping. This would really be cool if I had the land to set something up like this. Just for a quick get away. So cool.
    Thanks,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to have you join the party. I need a link back to my blog added to your post. I do love these ideas for camping. I would still need air conditioning though.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kim... I put your link on the right side of my page under "Link Parties I Like"... so it shows up on every single page someone looks at, rather than just on the one post. If you would rather have it on the post only instead, let me know.

      Blessings,
      Diana

      Delete
  6. How fun is that! I would love to camp in ANY one of them! We think of tent camping in that manner as extravagant, but there was time when it was rather commonplace.

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. Hope to see you each week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I still tent camp... no fancy RV's for us. So I do like to jazz up the tent a bit :)

      Delete
  7. Great blog, beautiful pictures and I loved that you featured a very sentimental spot that is close to my heart...but a little correction, pleeeease? The historic Antlers is located in Twin Peaks, not Cedar Glen (*gasp*)...haha! Thank you! Thank you! Blessings to you and hope you got your glamping on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct. It is in Twin Peaks. I have corrected it :)

      Delete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana