My New Years Resolution

I'm not real big on New Years Resolutions...  Most resolutions seem to include loosing weight, getting in shape or getting healthy.  I can't believe how many commercials and infomercials have been on the past few days for diets and exercise... But I guess this is the time that they push there gimmicks.

This year I thought I'd try something new for my resolution.  My resolution is this: I am going to get my house organized, one room at a time.  First I am starting with my master bedroom closet.  I have a decent size walk in closet.  Right now it is pretty much busting at the seams with clothes, shoes and purses...  Many of which I have not worn or used in several years.  For my first step, today I have been going through the items and creating piles... A donate pile, a trash pile and a pile of items to keep.  If I don't use an item and it is still in good shape I will donate it, otherwise it's going into the trash.  I'm trying to part with everything that I don't wear, don't use or that doesn't fit well.  The rule is supposed to be, if you haven't worn it in a year, get rid of it.  Well, I am deviating a little, but I am using a two year rule.  Also, if I don't love it, I should probably just get rid of it.  Items in our closets that we don't love, pretty much just sit there and take up valuable space.  So finally I am letting them go.  Hopefully someone else can use them!  One thing I have chosen to keep, which obviously I don't wear, is my wedding dress.  I figure it's okay to keep one or two sentimental items in my closet :)

I can't afford fancy built in organizers, but I did get nice wood hangars to hang everything on.  I also got a little shelf shoe rack that goes on the floor and a hanging organizer for all of my P.J.'s.  Clearing out all the junk and making these few improvements should make a much more enjoyable closet space for me .

What is your New Years Resolution?  How is it going so far?

I'd love to hear from you!





3 comments:

  1. My upstairs spare bedroom and downstairs storage are getting flipped. Also not spending money to do it ;) It won't be fab but it will be much more functional! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Shannon... Functional is Fab :) I think good function is as important as good decor... maybe it's even more important to have good function as it helps our lives to be less stressful! I always love your posts... You have a great eye and you do great DIYs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana,

    Yes, I was the Patty you were looking for! Nice to meet you too. We do seem to have a lot in common from what our husbands say. Sorry though, that we have Fibromyalgia in common.

    I like your blog, I will be back to visit. Hopefully the four of us can make a date for dinner sometime.

    Thank for visitng my blog..I hope to put a facelift on my Beside Stillwaters blog. Just need to do it, but I have been so busy.

    Have Blessed day!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana