Inspired by the Beach


I often find design inspirations at the beach.  I love the blue and aqua colors from the ocean and sky.  There are many great natural found elements at the shore, such as sea shells, driftwood, sand and sea glass.  I see a beautiful color palette and tons of decor inspiration in all the surroundings.  Beach inspired decorating provides a very relaxed atmosphere with calm and soothing surroundings.  I like using vintage weathered wood furnishings and painted furniture mixed with soft light colored fabrics and pops of color in the accessories.  Living in a beach inspired home, everyday feels like your on vacation, (especially if someone else comes and cleans it... lol.  We could all use that!)...

Source: BHG.com


Source: BHG.com


Source: In My House


Source: BHG.com

I love the rustic distressed vintage wood doors used as the headboard.

Source: Archithings.net

Keep in mind that decorating with found things is easy to do and it is so beautiful!  Plus it's major budget friendly!  However, don't just steal your neighbors flowers (you probably want to ask first).  I love the pop of color that is created with these hydrangeas.  Also the simple starfish on the table adds a subtle beachy touch. (I know beachy isn't a real word.... but I like it!)

Source: A Beach Cottage


Source: Topic Den


Source: Beach Finds

This last picture is the ultimate display of found items...  A large collection of starfish and seashells covers this bathrooms walls.  The shelves are shallow ledges that surround the entire room.  Although it does make the walls a little bit busy, it is definitely an interesting way to display the collection... and there is still plenty of room for many more items as they are found while strolling along the beach.
  
Source: Unknown

Whatever you do when decorating your home, always surround yourself with items that you love!   That way you will always feel wonderful in your space.  The items don't have to be expensive!  Keep your eyes open, you can find many decorative elements in nature and the best part is, they are free... 

Happy decorating!

5 comments:

  1. Those sure are some pretty inspiration photos! Have a great weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinda makes you want to go to the beach, doesn't it! Hope you have a great weekend too Shannon :)

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way about the beach. I love the colors, painted furniture, sea glass...ahhh I feel relaxed just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Syndi, I totally agree.. I can't wait to decorate another one of my rooms this way. I am working on several pieces of furniture in this style. Visit again soon to see my next project :)

    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just LOVE that bathroom with the tiny narrow shelves! I am a geologist with so many rock samples, shells etc around my house - what a fantastic idea!.....thanks, Judith

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana