Fall Mantle Decor


I have a fascination with Fall and all of the amazing colors!  It's  probably because where I live in Southern California we don't see much Fall color.  So when fall finally arrives I love to decorate around the house with Fall colors and beautiful maple leaves. 

I just finished decorating my mantle for this Fall season.  I used a bunch of faux silk maple leaves, mixed with a few pumpkins that I painted, some burlap cloth ribbon and small pine cones.



I got an amazing deal on the burlap.  I got 300 feet of it on a roll for only $9.99.  You can get the same deal on Burlap Ribbon/Cloth Here.




I like the look of Fall on the mantle, but now I am thinking I need to find something different to hang above the mantle.  The colors in this picture don't look right with all of the fall decor.  It definitely needs something more rustic! 


I am thinking maybe an old vintage window or a rustic old frame would look good in place of the picture.  What do you think?  I would love to hear your thoughts!
Until next time,
Diana


Linkin up -
Funky Junk Interiors
Tatertots and Jello
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Fox Hollow Cottage


14 comments:

  1. So pretty and festive! I hope you will link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party (fall ideas too) if you haven't already.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/09/2012-wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindy! I will head over to your blog to check it out :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin! I just popped over and shared it at Tuesdays Treasures :)

      Delete
  3. With these creative fall decorations, I’m pretty sure that your guest will enjoy and love to stay to have a long chat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful! So crisp and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! Sweet mantel. I always struggle with that line between not enough and too much. You hit it just right.

    Marla and Steve @ Always Nesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I know what you mean by not enough and too much. I usually play with it for awhile until it looks just right :) Blessings, Diana

      Delete
  6. Since you live in Southern California, like me, have you thought of using driftwood on your mantle? It might be a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love driftwood. But I don't specifically have any at this time... And also I live in Beaumont California now so the beach is now about 80 miles away from me. The only wood I find around my home is tumbleweed (lol).

      Delete
  7. Love the look ... The picture is beautiful, but a scrolly iron piece with a fall wreath might look good with what you have up there. It would work well with the sconces and still leave an open airy look. Just a suggestion.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z.
    http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/
    Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! And I love , LOVE your star pumpkin. That gold is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The star pumpkin brought a smile to my face - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana