Junkers Paradise Found


A couple of weeks ago my hubby and I spent a few days up at Big Bear Lake (in the Southern California mountains) for our tenth Anniversary.  While were driving down the main road just before town I saw this huge yard completely full of cool junk.  At first I didn't know what it was, I didn't realize that it was an actual place of business.  I just knew that I had to go and check it out.

As we first walked onto the property I was drawn in by seeing so much vintage stuff... Then as we started walking the property, it just continued on and on and on.  It had to have been at least an acre full of vintage goodies.  To some people much of this would have looked like trash... But to those of us who love junk (including me) it was paradise!  I couldn't believe how much junk (rusty old items and antiques) they actually had.  At every corner, in every nook and cranny and even in all of the western looking little sheds everything was full of treasures.  It looked like someone spent a few lifetimes collecting all of this stuff.

The prices were a bit high for me since I am a major bargain shopper... but this place pretty much had everything possible when it comes to cool junk and it was all in one place.  I especially liked this sign - "If we don't got it, you don't need it" (pictured below).


I will let the pictures do the talking...  Here is a small sampling of what all this place had.  Enjoy :)




















I was so engrossed in looking at all of this great stuff that I didn't even get the name or a picture of the front of this place.  But if you are ever in California and up in Big Bear, just ask any local where the place is that has all of the junk outside and I'm sure they can direct you.  If you are like me, you won't be able to help but notice it as you are driving by on the main highway heading into town.  It's pretty hard to miss!

Blessings,
Diana
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana