Thrift Store Find Turned One of a Kind Design

I am currently posting from my cell phone because I am having computer issues...  I wanted to share this beauty I just finished with you.  I found a retro/ghetto (lol) mid century modern piece at a thrift store for $25 and knew I could flip it into something fab... This chevron cutie is what I came up with.  I'm sorry I don't have better pictures. But I will post some as soon as I get my computer issue solved!

The before and after pictures are pretty dramatic on this piece.  The little three drawer before picture is seriously so ugly!!!  It looks like it came from the Brady Bunch house ;).  It is not a style that I would normally choose and I really don't like at all.  However, I knew I could somehow make something cute out of it.  Also, it was a sturdy well built piece that looked nearly new inside, so I thought I'd give it a shot.   My husband started sanding the top when I realized that I didn't have a before shot of this chest of drawers... So this is the first picture I remembered to take.


Notice the bevelled edge around the front and the ugly curve on the drawers and then those funky pull handles.  I knew I had to camouflage the front somehow because I really didn't like it!  



I am more than happy with the finished results...  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Love this! I'm hosting a link party tonight and would love for you to link up some of your projects!

    http://www.firsthomelovelife.com/2013/05/house-party-1-b-y-o-p.html

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana