Brown Paper Packages Tied Up with Strings

I finally got our Christmas presents wrapped.  Every year I seem to forget how long it actually takes.  I've been working on them off and on for several days.  But I am so happy with the outcome, so it is worth it!  

This year I decided to match the wrap colors to the tree decorations and I went with a theme.  My theme is "Brown Paper Packages Tied Up with Strings".  I've never wrapped with brown paper (craft/packing paper) before.  I think in the old days people actually used their brown paper grocery bags.  Myself, I bought a couple of rolls of brown craft paper in the office supply aisle, by the packing/shipping materials at Walmart.  I also purchased a bunch of inexpensive glitter ornaments there.  The variety of ribbons and strings I found a few days ago at Michael's (on sale of course).  The ribbon was 70% off, which I thought was a great deal, considering it was a week before Christmas!  I even stocked up with additional ribbons in different styles for next year.



See how the ribbons and ornaments match the tree decor... and the brown paper looks awesome with the burlap!  It looks so cute that I don't want to let anyone open their presents until the end of Christmas day (lol).  But I suppose I will :)




I love how the glitter ornaments sparkle when the light reflects off of them (which is constant, since the Christmas tree lights are always on).  It looks like there are little diamonds all around the bottom of the tree.  

Can you believe all of the ornaments were only .97 cents each (or less).  And they are each good size running from about 5" to 8".








I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.  I hope your holiday is filled with many blessings!

Diana


5 comments:

  1. My Christmas tree for the past two years has been decorated with this tone of blue ornaments, with a nature/bird/ocean theme. But for most of my life my tree was always red and gold. So I have a bunch of beautiful red ornaments lying around. Thanks so much for this idea for next year; I never thought of combining red and blue! It just never occurred to me, and now this is exactly what I'm doing next year.

    The wrapping came out so good. I love the brown craft paper trend going around. And your accessories are so pretty! This year I managed to organize all the tissue paper, ribbons, gift wrap, and accessories that I had in a giant box, so I didn't spend a single dime on gift wrapping. I was so happy to reuse my old stuff. And it turned out beautifully.

    Have a very merry Christmas!

    -Nathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you like and are inspired by the color theme!

      Merry Christmas to you and yours!

      Blessings,
      Diana

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this idea. Your tree and presents look great. I am going to steal your theme for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Syndi! Glad you like it and are going to use it next year :)

      Blessings,
      Diana

      Delete
  3. Diana,
    First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas... love it. I will try to use the brown paper as a christmas gift wrapper. I will also try to make the Burlap Christmas tree Garland. I have all the materials except for the template. I think I will just make my own template using cardboard and cutter. Again, Thank you so much and I do appreciate you sharing your wonderful ideas.
    Have a wonderful day.

    Irma T.

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana